The Queensland Government’s 2 year $100 million Back to Work – Regional Employment Package provides support to businesses for up to 8000 job opportunities for regional job seekers. This is a first in best-dressed opportunity for any regional community outside of the South East corner of QLD.
Back to Work aims to give businesses the confidence to employ job seekers in Queensland regions, with a focus on disadvantaged job seekers. Read the Back to Work Overview Factsheet.
- You can apply for an Employer Support Payment 4 weeks after an eligible employee starts working with you. The employee must have started work with you on, or after, 1 July 2016.
- All eligible employees attract a payment of $10,000, paid to the employer.
- This increases to $15,000 for employees who have been unemployed for 52 weeks or more.
- Eligible part-time jobs between 20 and 34 hours per week on average attract 75% of the full support payment.
If you are a jobseeker who can work in regional Queensland you may be able to access support to help get you back to work:
- training and re-skilling opportunities through the Back to Work Certificate 3 Guarantee Boost.
- a Back to Work Jobseeker Officer who will work with you to help connect you with employment and training opportunities including apprenticeship and traineeship pathways.
An eligible employee is a person who meets all of the following criteria:
- is a resident of Queensland
- was unemployed for at least 4 weeks directly prior to commencing employment with you
- has not worked for you in the previous 12 months
- commenced work with you on, or after, 1 July 2016 and has worked for at least 4 weeks.
An eligible job must:
- be mainly located in regional Queensland (outside Brisbane, Redlands, Logan, Gold Coast, Scenic Rim, Ipswich, Lockyer Valley, Somerset, Moreton Bay, Sunshine Coast, Noosa and Toowoomba local government areas).
- be paid work full-time or part-time
- be at least 20 hours per week on average.
The following jobs are not eligible:
- a casual job
- a job on contract with a third party, such as a labour hire company or group training organisation
- a job that offers full-time salary or wages above $120,000 per annum (or pro rata for part-time).
For more information, contact the Mackay Regional Back to Work Employer Officer or Jobseeker Officers:
Principal Back to Work Officer: Denise Kreymborg – 0472 837 210
Job Seeker Officer: Murray Jones – 0429 122 568 – [email protected]