As posted to internal members on the 6 November, the following is the invitation to Startup Mackay Members to the Annual General Meeting:
I, Joel Cox being the duly appointed Secretary of Startup Mackay Inc (ABN 92 987 579 930) hereby give notice to members of the association that the Annual General Meeting will be held:
Date: Friday 25 November 2016
Venue: The Coral Cay Function Room, Nebo Road, Mackay
Cost: Purchase of own Drinks and Dinner will be available, meal cost TBC.
(Avg $45 per person for Main and Dessert). Alternate drop menu.
RSVP: 5.00pm Wednesday 23rd November 2016
To register to attend the Startup Mackay Inc AGM, click here
At the meeting, members will have the opportunity to:
- find out about Startup Mackay Inc’s operations and finances
- ask questions about the operations and finances of Startup Mackay Inc
- vote on any resolutions proposed.
- speak about any items on the agenda
At the meeting, the following special resolution/s will be announced to the members.
- A change of the model rules to add an additional two (2) Committee Members to the Management Committee of Startup Mackay Inc. This will make a total of 5 Management Committee positions for Startup Mackay Inc.
- An addition to the Model Rules that the voted in Management Committee vote on the roles of the Management Committee internally.
- Amend and fix spelling errors in current model rules
Members will then be asked to vote on the following:
- Present the verified financial statement (EOFY 2015/16) to the members for adoption
- Accept the annual financial statements
- Appoint Forsyth’s accounting as the auditor for Startup Mackay Inc.
- General Business from the floor
- Vote & Elect 2016/17 Startup Mackay Inc Management Committee.
To be eligible for nomination as a member of the Management Committee, a person must be an ordinary member of Startup Mackay Inc, who is entitled to vote at the AGM.
A voting ordinary member of Startup Mackay Inc, are those who have attended as a participant, volunteer or coach to Startup Weekend Mackay 2015 or 2016.
Nominations for election to the Management Committee at the 2016 Annual General Meeting must be received in writing and lodged with the Management Committee no later than 5:00 pm on Tuesday 22nd November 2016 (nominations will not be accepted after this time and cannot be accepted at the Annual General Meeting).
Proxy voting is available at the Annual General Meeting.
Accordingly, bookings for the AGM dinner will close two (2) days prior to the date of the AGM (at 5.00pm on Wednesday, 23 November 2016).
If you are interested in becoming a more active member of Startup Mackay Inc and would like to nominate for a position on the Management Committee, The Nomination form and Terms of Reference can be viewed via the links.
Nominations closed for the Management Committee 5:00pm Tuesday 22 November 2016.